Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Week 34


So, today I am at 34 weeks and I am feeling pretty good but large, needless to say. I just started experiencing heartburn, but I think the Tums keep it under control pretty well. I went to the doctor the other day and spoke to him about external versions (where they turn the baby from outside your tummy) and c-section, which are both a possibility considering Xander hasn't put his head down yet, and may not be able to due to my bicornuate uterus. I have some options as far as trying to get him to turn by my own means. I have tried using moxbuxtion, where you use a charcoal stick that is red hot and place it very close to the outer pinkie toe (an acupressure point) for 15 minutes or so. This causes the baby to move, which could result in him turning. I have only done this once, but it is recommended that you do it everyday on each foot. I am still waiting to hear about my return to work and if my boss will let me trade my full-time position with a woman I work with who is in a job-share position. I am just praying that my boss will go with it because I really, really want to stay home at least part-time with Xander, and any other children we have. I am trying to stay positive about this, but I am getting a bit antsy about the final decision. Only 6 weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything will work out for the best, there is nothing better than getting to be there for all the little changes your baby goes through :)

    ReplyDelete