Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last Week as a Full-time Mommy


So the time has come-I have to go back to work. Next Thursday is my first day back to work after a 16 week maternity leave. I am definitely trying to savor each moment that I have with Xander, especially in the mornings when he is in a great mood and we are just hanging out in bed together. Lyrik and I will go through yet another adjustment period with our little man-except this time it will involve juggling all of the things we were doing plus working full-time. I have to say-I think I will get the brunt of the juggling just because I am in charge of getting Xander to daycare, etc. But, the bright side is that I will get to be with Xander twice a day on my nursing breaks from work, and I will overall get to see him more than Lyrik. Lyrik is still going to do the four day work week though-so he will get all day Fridays with Xander. That- I am jealous about! Everything will be fine though- I am only mildly freaking out about the return to work. I really thought this day wouldn't come so soon- a lament of many a new mother-I am sure.

In the meantime-we are watching all of the new developments in Xander. Drooling has become his number one hobby, with babbling at a close second. His sleep has been great-and he is now on a four hour routine, meaning that he eats four every four hours, so that's been nice for me. He has become infatuated with his feet-he just discovered them, and his hands are constantly in his mouth being sucked away on. Oh, and Xander seems very interested in watching Mommy eat lately. I guess it's only a couple more months until he gets real food-that's hard to believe! What really made me realize he is growing up, was the other day when my Mom took him for a walk in the umbrella stroller! He can totally hold his head up now-so it was no problem for him.
Today we are heading to the u-pick strawberry patch to get some berries for the freezer-I am happy to have found a place that doesn't use sprays. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. let me know when their blueberries and raspberries are ready!!!

    No Sprays!!!yay~~~ I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete